I have been been practicing Western Veterinary Medicine since 1980. In 2012 I expanded my practice to include Veterinary Acupuncture. I am also trained in Food Therapy and other alternative approaches to health care for dogs and cats.
Having access to both traditional (Western) and alternative (Eastern) approaches to medicine offers the best of both worlds to my patients.
Before launching my mobile veterinary business in 2012, I owned and operated the Clinic for Cats in Nanaimo, BC and worked in a variety of veterinary hospitals on Vancouver Island.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Victoria (1974)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine – University of Saskatchewan (1980)
- Trained in Veterinary Acupuncture – International Veterinary Acupuncture Association (2012)
- Trained in Food Therapy – Chi Institute (2013)
- Bachelor of Education – University of Victoria (1993)
“My experiences as a veterinariam have taught me that my service to my feline and canine patients is as important as my service to their people. Over the years I have grown to appreciate the valuable and unique bonds that are formed between adults, children and their pets. Dog and cat companions are unconditionally present to their human family members. They accept us as we are, demonstrate joy when they see us, and exemplify the importance of living in the moment. It is our privilege and responsibility to care for them to the best of our ability.” – Dr Janet Renton